Hey guys! I am here with my favorite list of weight loss salad recipes. These recipes were part of my weight loss journey.
Why salads are so popular among fitness lovers? The reason is these salads mostly contain different veggies and veggies are low in calories.
Low in calories means you can eat in volume without hampering your diet. If you want to dig in, you can read this: 10 Best vegetables for weight loss.
Once you have understood how important are veggies for weight loss, let us get started with the list of weight loss salad recipes.
3 Best salad recipes for weight loss
1. Beetroot-pomegranate salad for weight loss
A weight loss salad that contains both veggies and fruit. If you are bored of eating the same old diet veggies salad you can try this out.
This salad is so easy to prepare and requires only a few ingredients that are easily available in the market. I sometimes call it “Red Salad” as it mostly contains beetroot and pomegranates.
Have a look at the recipe below
- Beetroot: 1 small size
- Pomegranate seeds: 1 tbsp
- Carrot: 1 medium size
- Tomatoes: 1 medium size
- Green Chiles: 1 pc
- Lemon Juice: 1 tsp
- Black Pepper: 1 pinch
- Salt as per taste
- Take a small size beetroot and dice it into small pieces
- Next dice the carrot into small pieces
- Now take medium size tomatoes and chop them evenly
- Its time to take a mixer bowl and mix all the ingredients, mix well
- Now add chopped chilies into the mixer bowl, and mix well
- Add lemon juice and a pinch of black pepper, and mix everything well
- No finally add salt and mix well
Your healthy tangy weight loss fruit-veggies salad is ready in no time. You eat it as a side dish or part of your evening snack.
I mostly used to eat as an evening snack to avoid any unhealthy snacking and be on track.
So, it is always a good practice to eat something light in the evening as it most dangerous time to go off-track.
2. Tangy protein-rich weight loss chana chaat salad
This is one of my all-time favorite weight loss salads. It is so yummy and very healthy at the same time. It will be a great addition to your weight loss diet.
The salad contains mostly boiled Kala chana or Bengal gram which is rich in protein and other important nutrients.
You can add different veggies including cabbage, onion, carrot, tomatoes, etc.
The best part is you can prepare it in two ways: First by a little cooking all the veggies in small amounts of different spices.
Or second, just add all the veggies to the boiled Bengal grams and add salt and lemon juice. So, it is up to you and your preference.
If you want to explore the recipe. You can find the Tangy chana chaat recipe in the link below.
3. Indian veggie blast low calorie salad
This is one of the easiest and very common salad recipes found in almost every Indian meal.
If you are short of time and want to prepare a healthy and calorie-friendly weight-loss salad recipe, this recipe is for you.
It is made from different Indian veggies readily available in the Indian market. Here is the quick recipe
- Cucumber – 1 medium size
- Carrot – 1 medium size
- Cabbage – Sliced (3 tbsp)
- Tomatoes – 1 small size
- Onion – One small size
- Beetroot – Half (Sliced)
- Green Chilies – Chopped 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Take the cucumber and slice it into medium sizes
- Now chop the carrot into medium size
- Next, slice the onions and take out the rings
- You can chop the tomatoes in small pieces or in a ring shape
- Take the bettor and chop it into the medium size or small sizes
- Finally, take a mixing bowl and mix all the veggies
- Next, add salt and lemon juice into, mix properly
- You can adjust the lemon juice amount as per your taste
- Add black pepper and mix everything properly
Your healthy weight loss salad recipe is ready in no time. The best part about this weight loss salad is that you are independent to add veggies of your choice.
Also, you are free to eliminate any veggies and replace them with what you like. But it is always good to add as many veggies as possible for varied tastes and health benefits.