I am back with another healthy recipe called Apple Curd. In this post, I will share with you the most common version of making Apple Curd.
Also, there is another Indian version of the Apple curd recipe that you can try. I am talking about the Apple Raita recipe which is very popular in India.
But, first, let’s get started with the most common one, and later we will jump to the Apple Raita recipe.
How to make Apple Curd Recipe
Have a look at all the ingredients you will need to make this recipe. The best part is that these ingredients are fewer and can be easily found in every household.
- Apples: It is best to get seasonal apples. You can pick the green ones also or else go with what is available.
- Jaggery powder: I have picked to include Jaggery powder instead of sugar to make this recipe healthy. It is up to you and what best suit your taste buds. I would prefer to go with the Jaggery powder.
- Butter: Butter will add smoothness to your Apple curd recipe. Also, the butter will add extra flavor and bring a nice texture to the recipe.
- Lemon: Although, Apples will bring a little tanginess to the recipe. Adding a few drops of lemon juice will further enhance the taste and bring more tanginess.
- Water: To maintain consistency and smoothness
- Eggs (Optional): Eggs are optional here. You can add eggs if you like to bring more smoothness or else you are free not to add eggs.
More recipes: 5 Healthy Indian snacks recipes
- Dice the peeled apples into medium size. Make sure not to leave the chopped apples aside for a longer duration as they may turn brownish.
- Now take a saucepan and allow it to heat on a medium flame. Now pour water into the heating pan and allow it to heat.
- Next, add some lemon juice to the heating water.
- It’s time to add chopped apples to the boiling water. Next, cover the saucepan with a lid and allow it to cook for 15 to 20 minutes until they soften.
- Once apples are soft, allow them to cool and then extract the excess water
- Next, you can mash the mixture using a masher until smooth
- Now, whisk the eggs and butter properly and then add them to the mixture
- It’s time to add jaggery powder to the mixture and mix everything well until smooth.
New Breakfast recipes: 5-minute breakfast recipes Indian
Apple Curd Raita Recipe
Next, we will see how to make use of Apple and Curd to make Indian-style Raita. Raitas are very famous in India and are an important part of a typical Indian meal.
Raitas have different versions and by just changing the ingredients you have an entirely different raita ready.
In this post, we will make raita using Apples and other ingredients. Have a look…
- Apple: 1 medium sliced
- Pomegranates: 1 tbsp
- Curd: 1 cup
- Jaggery Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper: 1/2 tsp
- Black salt to taste
- Chaat masala: 1/2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tsp
Note: Raita does not require many ingredients and you will find the ingredients easily at your home or nearby grocery store. Also, adding jaggery powder is optional and you can avoid it if you do not want to further bring sweetness to your Apple Curd Raita recipe.
Making an Apple curd Raita recipe is just a few-minute task and it just requires mixing all the ingredients well. As simple as that. But for a newbie, let’s list down the steps.
- Take a mixing bowl and add curd to it. You can whisk the curd to bring smoothness to it
- Next, add Jaggery powder and black salt and mix well
- It’s time to add apple chunks to your bowl. Make sure the apple chunks are not too big and are smaller in size
- Mix apple chunks well in the curd mixture
- Add black pepper and chaat masala to the mixture, and mix everything well
- Finally, add pomegranates and mix well
- Your Apple curd raita is ready. Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and enjoy with your favorite Indian meal.
More recipes for you: