Are you looking for some healthy Indian snacks for weight loss? Let me share some great weight loss-friendly and healthy Indian snack recipes in this article.
First, I will share my favourite Indian healthy snack recipe called “Semolina Noodles”, and towards the end of this article, I will share the list of other healthy Indian snacks recipes.
Healthy Indian snack for the evening: Homemade semolina noodles recipe
List of ingredients:
- Semolina (suji, rawa): 1 cup
- Capsicum: 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Carrot: 1tbsp (grated)
- Green chili: 1 (split)
- Tomato: 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Turmeric: 1/3 tsp
- Red chili: 1/3 tsp
- Ginger: 1/2 tsp (grated)
- Baking soda: 1/4 tsp
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Salt: As required
- Water: As required
- Dry flour: For dusting
- Tomato sauce: 1tbsp (Optional)
- Green chili sauce: 1tbsp (Optional)
- In a mixing bowl add semolina and baking soda. Mix well.
- Slowly add water and kneed it into a soft dough
- Add a few drops of oil and mix well
- Cover the dough and leave it for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes, open the container and mix the dough
- Take a small portion from the dough
- Roll it on your palm, flatten it and dust it into the dry flour
- With the help of a rolling pin roll it out into a thin roti
- Now with the help of a knife cut it into thin stripes
- In a pan add water, add 1 tsp of oil and salt
- Let the water boil
- In the boiling water add all the stripes
- Let it boil for 2 minutes on a medium flame
- After 2 minutes, take all the stripes out of the water
- Heat a pan, add oil and let it heat
- Add grated ginger and stir it
- And then add capsicum and stir it properly
- Now, add carrot, tomato, and green chili. Stir everything well
- Add salt, red chili powder, and turmeric powder. Mix all the ingredients well
- Let all veggies cook well till they soften
- Now add boiled stripes into the veggies and mix properly with a light hand
- With a light hand, mix well
- Now add tomato and green chili sauce (This is optional) and mix well
Your healthy Indian semolina noodles snack is ready that you can enjoy as an evening snack or morning breakfast.
Healthy Semolina noodles snack video recipe
Below is the video recipe of the Semolina noodles/pasta recipe.
List of healthy Indian snacks for weight loss: Breakfast and evening snacks
Moonglet chilla is one of the best Indian healthy snacks. The recipe is made of Split green gram (Moong) and has a lot of veggies which makes it high in protein and fiber.
It is also called veg omelet because it tastes like an omelet but it is a 100% vegetarian recipe. If you are on a weight loss diet, you must add this recipe to your diet plan.
Poha is a widely prepared recipe in India and is a very popular food particularly in Maharastra and Madhya Pradesh.
To make it weight loss friendly, I have added a lot of veggies to it. Poha is also a great choice among fitness freaks and people love adding it to their diet plan.
Oats in itself is very healthy and again a popular choice for people who are on their weight loss journey.
You can prepare a lot of different recipes with oats, like oats khichdi, oats pudding, oats salad, etc.
But the recipe I am going to share is called oats poha which is a tasty and healthy Indian snack at the same time. You can find the recipe link below.
Moong dal chilla is made of moong and in stuffing, I have used paneer. As we know, moong and paneer are protein-rich which makes this recipe a perfect fit as a healthy Indian snack.
Black gram or Kala chana is known for its high protein content. The chana chaat recipe, therefore, is a protein-rich healthy Indian snack for weight loss and muscle gain.
The tangy taste of the recipe makes it yummy to eat and have fun with your diet journey.
Now, let’s get started with a healthy homemade noodles/pasta snacks recipe for weight loss.
You might be wondering how come noodles or pasta could be weight loss friendly.
Let me tell you, the noodles in the recipe is made of semolina (Suji/Rawa) and not refined wheat flour (maida).
Actually, it is neither noodles nor pasta but a mix of both. And on top of that, you do not need to purchase noodles/pasta from outside. You can prepare it at your home.
If you have any questions do let me know on Instagram. Here is my Instagram account: @anubhav.mission