Moonglet recipe is one of the unique recipes that you can add to your weight loss diet plan. The name of the recipe, veg omelet, itself sounds intriguing.
I must say, this protein-rich snack you can enjoy anytime throughout the day. It could be your best meal for your breakfast or as an evening snack.
This recipe has ample amount of vegetables in it with green moong as the main ingredient.
These ingredients make this recipe one of the healthiest, protein-rich, and yummy recipes at the same time.
So, let’s get started with the moonglet or veg omelet recipe.
Moonglet recipe: The veg omelet or Moonglet chilla
Below is the list of ingredients you will require to prepare this veg omelet or moonglet recipe.
- Split green gram (moong dal): 1 cup
- Carrot: 1 (grated)
- French beans: 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Tomato: 1 (chopped)
- Capsicum: 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Turmeric powder: 1/3 tsp
- Red chili powder: a little
- Coriander leaves: a handful (chopped)
- Ginger: 1 tsp (grated)
- Green chili: 2 (chopped)
- Eno fruit salt: 1 packet
- Salt: to taste
- Butter or Ghee: 3 tsp (Can be customized as per your choice and servings)
- Water (pani)- as required
- Take one bowl of moong dal. soak it and wash it for 1 hour.
- Once moong dal is soaked properly, take a mixer jar and put soaked moong into it, and grind it into a fine paste. Check for water and add a little if required.
- Now transfer the paste into a bowl.
- Add salt and turmeric powder into the paste and mix well.
- Keep mixing the paste for a few minutes to make it a little fluffy.
- Take another bowl and transfer 2 to 3 spoons of batter into it.
- Add all chopped vegetables (1 spoon)
- Add little coriander leaves and grated ginger.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add half tsp of fruit salt, add a little water and mix well.
- Heat a pan and add butter/ghee.
- Add 2 to 3 spoons of the paste and spread it thick on the pan.
- Sprinkle a little chili powder on the cooking mixture.
- Add little coriander leaves and carrot to the cooking mixture.
- Cover the pan with the help of a lid and let it cook properly till it turns golden brown on a low medium flame.
- After 2 minutes check your cooking moonglet chilla and flip it carefully.
- Add a little butter/ghee around the moonglet chilla, cover the pan with the lid, and let it cook.
- After a few minutes check your moonglet chilla for a golden brown color on the other side.
- With the help of a knife cut the moonglet chilla from the midsection, add butter/ghee as per your choice.
Moonglet video recipe
Below is the video recipe of moonglet chilla by “Kitchen Gyaan”
Preparation details of veg omelet
- Cooking time: 12 minutes
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
Nutrition profile and calories: Moonglet chilla recipe (1 pc, 150 gram)
Find the nutrition profile and calories in 1 pc of moonglet chilla below in the table. The values in the below table are approximate values.
|Nutrition Name||Values (approx. values)|
|Total Calories (150 grams)||~170 calories|
As you can see in the above table, 1 piece of moonglet contains about 170 calories.
Benefits of eating moonglet:
- Moonglets are made of split green gram (moong) which is rich in protein and other nutrients.
- The Moonglet recipe contains a variety of vegetables that are rich in fiber and weight loss friendly.
- Moonglets in itself have moong and some vegetables in it, if the amount of oil in it is adjusted, it is really low in calories.
- 150 grams of moonglet normally has approx 170 calories in it which could be a perfect meal for your breakfast or evening snack.
The moonglet recipe is a perfect diet for a weight loss diet plan. The reason is the recipe has green moong and vegetables in it which are low in calories.
You can prepare this recipe at home easily and can add stuffing like paneer to make it an even healthier and weight loss friendly diet.
If you are looking for another moong recipe with paneer stuffing then below is the most loved moong recipe for weight loss.
In case, you are looking for a more weight loss-friendly recipe, I have already uploaded them on the website for you. Find the list below: