Are you looking for something desi to add to your diet? Here comes one of the best homemade protein shake for weight loss.
People often get confused and run out of ideas of having protein-rich Indian diet options to be added to their diet plans.
This Indian homemade protein shake recipe not only helpful in losing weight but it is equally useful for gaining weight.
So, whether you are on your weight loss or weight gain journey, you must add this desi healthy protein-rich recipes to your diet.
So, here comes your recipe.
Homemade protein shake: The Sattu shake Indian recipe
Below is the list of ingredients required to prepare the high-protein Sattu Drink Recipe
Ingredients for sattu sharbat: 1 Serving
- Sattu Powder (Roasted Bengal gram powder): 5-6 tsps
- Mint leaves (pudina patta): 7-8
- Green chilli: 1 (finely chopped)
- Lemon (nimbu): 1/2
- Raw mango (kaccha aam): 1 tsp(grated) (optional)
- Roasted cumin(bhuna jeera) powder: 1/4 tsp
- Salt (namak)- As per taste
- Water: 1 glass
You can get a packet of sattu powder in nearby general stores or can order online. This recipe and sattu are very popular in Bihar, India. There are many popular Indian brands for sattu powder but not all taste good.
You might get confused as to which is the best sattu brand for the shake, particularly if you do not belong to Bihar. Therefore, here is my recommendation for sattu powder which you can order online.
Now, let us move on to knowing the prepration method for this Sattu Shake recipe.
Prepration Method: Sattu protein shake
- Take a mixer jar and add sattu powder into it
- Then add about a half a glass of water and the put mint leaves into the jar
- Squeeze a few drops of lemon juice into the mixer jar. Make sure, you do not add lemon seeds by mistake.
- Now it is time to add roasted cumin powder and finally grind them.
- Once all the ingredients are mixed well into a shake, take it out in a separate container
- Add about 1 cup of water into the shake.
- Add salt and chopped green chilies, and mix them well
- Finally, take a serving glass and pour the healthy high protein sattu shake into the glass.
Your yummy sattu sharbat is ready to yum on.
Optional: You can add grated mango as a topping. If you want you can add finely chopped onion into the shake for enhanced taste.
More healthy recipes and food option for you:
- Recipe of chana chaat: Protein-rich weight loss salad
- Post-workout meal: What to eat after a workout?
- Best protein powder in India – Vegan whey protein list
- Beetroot juice for weight loss: Carrot-apple miracle juice
- 5 Indian breakfasts for weight loss
- Moong dal chilla recipe
High protein Homemade Sattu Shake video recipe
If you are a video learner then find the video recipe of sattu shake and prepare the recipe as you watch.
Below is the video recipe of sattu shake for weight loss contributed by YouTuber @Kitchen Gyaan.
Find the approximate nutrition profile of sattu shake
Nutrition value: approximate (1 glass serving)
- Protein: 1.7g
- carbs: 17.8g
- Fat: 0.8g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Total calories: 86
Preparation time: Sattu Sharbat
- Servings: a few seconds
- Preparation time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 10 min
Conclusion: The homemade protein sattu shake for weight loss
I hope you loved this yummy Indian homemade protein shake recipe and gonna try this today. I am sure, you will fall in love with this recipe, not just for the taste but seeing the many health benefits of having it.
If you are on your weight loss journey, you should consider adding this homemade protein-rich recipe to your diet.
If you have any query about then feel free to ask me on Instagram: @anubhav.mission