Poha is one of the best diet recipes you can include in your weight loss diet. But wait! Here is a little twist.
Priyanka has something different to share with you. Instead of adding flatten rice, she replaced it with oats to make it even more weight loss-friendly diet.
Here is a quick introduction of Priyanka.
Priyanka Pardeshi is an Instagram fitness influencer helping people lead a healthy lifestyle. She is a certified yoga trainer, weightlifter, and runner and conducts online workout sessions. Her workout sessions, tips, and diet recipes have already helped many people getting into shape.
Today, I am going to share one of her oats poha diet recipes with you. I hope you will enjoy it. This recipe is a perfect option for your breakfast or as your evening snacks.
So, here is the oats poha recipe
Oats poha diet recipe
First, have a look into all the ingredients required to prepare this diet recipe and later move on knowing the preparation method.
List of ingredients (2 servings)
- Oats – 1 cup
- Onion chopped – 1
- Peas – 1/3 cup
- Tomatoes chopped -1/2
- Green chilies – 2
- Peanuts – 3 tablespoon
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric -1 teaspoon
- Garam masala -1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida (Hing) – A pinch
- Mustard seed -1 teaspoon
- Cumin seed-1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 3 to 4 leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
For Garnish: chopped tomatoes & coriander
- Take a container, put oats into it, and sprinkle some water over it. Keep it aside for some time.
- Now, take a pan and heat oil. Put mustard and cumin seeds till they start crackling.
- Add onion, basil leaves, green chilies, and hing. Now saute the ingredients properly.
- Once the onions turn slightly golden brown, add turmeric powder and other spices. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Now its time to add soaked oats that we had set aside. Add boiled peas and mix everything well.
- Sprinkle some water and stir everything well.
- Add peanuts, salt and mix everything well.
- Turn the heat low and cover it to cook for a few minutes.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes & coriander.
Your healthy weight loss friendly oats poha diet recipe is ready.
Here is another oats recipe for weight loss: Indian Style Veg Khichdi Oatmeal
Oats poha: Video Recipe
Below is the oats poha recipe video by Priyanka
More diet recipes for you below
Nutrition values: Oats poha (100 gram)
Below is the approx values per 100 gram of oats poha
- Protein: 6.9 g
- Carbs: 28 g
- Fat: 5 g
- Fiber: 4.6 g
- Total Calories: ~180 cal
I hope you enjoyed the oats poha diet recipe shared by Priyanka. If you want to know more about her then check her Instagram profile.