Poha is one of the popular Indian weight loss recipes that you can include in your diet.
Made with beaten rice with different variations of the recipe this is another best weight loss breakfast Indian recipe.
In this article, I am going to share with you the poha recipe for your weight loss diet plan. You can include this recipe and enjoy your weight loss journey.
The reason poha is a famous weight loss recipe because it is low in calories and fights hunger efficiently.
This is like a boon recipe for people who are on weight loss, particularly for vegeterians.
So, here comes the poha recipe for your weight loss diet plan.
Poha weight loss recipe: 2 Servings
I am going to share with you the recipe keeping in mind calories and a weight loss-friendly diet. So, the recipe will contain different veggies in it.
Commonly, the poha recipe has only a few veggies ingredients like onion, tomato, etc.
So, my version of poha recipe will have other veggies as well to make it a more weight loss-friendly diet.
Ingredients for poha recipe
- Soaked beaten rice: Chiwda (1.5 cups)
- Green beans: Chopped (1/4 cup)
- Capsicum: Small chunks (1/4 cup)
- Cauliflower: Small chunks (1/4 cup)
- Green peas: 1 tablespoon
- Carrot: Chopped (1/4 cup)
- Onion: Chopped in slices (1 pc medium size)
- Tomatoes (1/3 cup)
- Corriander leaves (1 tbsp)
- Roasted Peanuts (1 tbsp)
- Black pepper (a pinch)
- Turmeric powder (0.5 tsp)
- Green chilies (2 pcs)
- Curry leaves (5 to 7 leaves)
- Mustard seeds (0.5 tsp)
- Lime juice (1 tbsp)
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil or ghee (1.5 tbsp)
Instructions for poha weight loss recipe:
- Flattened rice comes in different variants based on its thickness. The medium thickness of flattened rice is best for poha. If you go to a nearby store you will get poha-flatten rice easily.
- The lighter the flattened rice, the more lumps it would get while preparation, and the recipe can mess up. So, always opt for a little thick flattened rice for poha preparation.
- Do not over soak flattened rice as it would mess up while cooking. Rinse 2 to 3 times and keep it aside for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Chilies are optional and you can adjust or avoid them as per your preference.
- Pure Ghee would be a better replacement for other cooking oil in the preparation. Your recipe should be healthy and tasty at the same time.
- You can always add other veggies as per your preference. The more veggies, the more healthy recipe, and more weight loss friendly. Veggies are low in calories and good as a weight loss diet.
Must read guides for you
- Rinse flatten rice 2 to 3 times and leave it for 8 to 10 minutes. Make sure, not to over rinse or over soak your flattened rice as it would get messed up while cooking.
- While your flattened rice is getting soaked, take a cooking pan, and add cooking oil or ghee into it.
- Now, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Put finely chopped chiles and curry leaves in the heating oil. Sautee it for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and turmeric powder. Sautee onion well till it starts turning a little brown.
- Now add all veggies in the list above and put in the pan. Sautee all the ingredients well and let them cook on a medium flame for a few minutes.
- Once all the ingredients are cooked well, add salt and sautee all the ingredients to mix the salt well.
- Now, check for the flattened rice for its softness and add it to the pan. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add black pepper, lemon juice, roasted peanuts, and coriander leaves and mix everything well and turn off the stove.
Your fresh, tasty, and healthy weight loss poha recipe is ready to eat.
Preparation details of vegetable poha
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition profile: Vegetable poha (100 grams)
Find the nutrition profile in 100 grams of poha below in the table. The values in the below table are approximate values.
|Nutrition Name||Values (approx. values)|
|Total Calories (100 grams)||~130 calories|
As you can see in the above table, 100 grams of vegetable poha contains about 130 calories.
Benefits of poha for weight loss
Below are some of the advantages of eating poha for weight loss:
- Poha is low in calories and has a rich nutrition profile. Therefore, it is a great weight loss friendly diet.
- The poha recipe is rich in fiber and other nutrients.
- Eating poha makes you feel full and helps you avoid overeating by consuming fewer calories, unlike other Indian breakfast.
- Poha can be adjusted easily by adding different veggies, making it tastier and weight loss friendly.
- The poha recipe is rich in iron, fiber, vitamins, and considered a wholesome meal.
Find the list of other Indian weight loss recipes below: