I am ready with another mind-blowing recipe, the paneer bhurji recipe. So, let me guide you through the recipe, protein, and calories in paneer bhurji.
I will also share some of the important tips for the paneer bhurji recipe towards the end of this article.
But before we dive into exploring the recipe, let’s have a quick intro to paneer bhurji.
What is Paneer Bhurji?
Paneer Bhurji is an Indian recipe made with crushed cottage cheese or paneer using Indian spices and vegetables.
The paneer bhurji is rich in protein and also contains other important nutrients beneficial for muscles growth and overall health. We will talk more about it later in the article.
So, without further ado, let us get started with the paneer bhurji recipe first.
How to make Paneer Bhurji (recipe for 1 serving)
Find the list of ingredients for the paneer bhurji recipe.
- Cottage cheese or Panner chunks: 1 cup/ medium size
- Tomatoes: 1 medium size/ chopped
- Onion: 1 medium size/finely chopped
- Green chillies: 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder: 1 tsp
- Black pepper: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Asafoetida/hing: A pinch
- Cooking oil: 1/1.5 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat a frying pan and add oil into it.
- Now add cumin seeds, mustard seeds in the heating oil. Let them splutter and then add hing.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and stir well for a few seconds
- Now add green chillies and chopped onion. Stir well till golden brown
- Add crushed paneer into the pan and sautee everything well for 1 minute
- Next add chopped tomatoes and stir everything well.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and corriander powder. Sprinkle a little oil if required to avoid sticking. Stir well
- Next add black pepper to the mixture, mix properly
- Cook for another 1 minute and your panner bhurji is almost ready for the final touch
- Turn off the stove and add chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Take out in a serving bowl, your tasty and healthy instant paneer bhurji recipe is ready
Below are the details of the preparation and cooking time required for the paneer bhurji recipe. The recipe is quick to make and if you are good at cooking, the paneer bhurji recipe hardly takes 20 minutes or less to get ready.
- Preparation time: 10 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Total time: 25 min
Please note that the above recipe is the simpler form of paneer bhurji. People come up with different ingredients and spices to innovate the paneer bhurji recipes.
For example, I avoided adding garam masala as I am not a fan of it. But many people prefer adding garam masala to their bhurji recipe. Some prefer adding spring onion instead of red onion.
So, it is up to your taste buds and your diet plan. I prefer having a simple paneer bhurji, this is simple to prepare and get ready instantly without much pain.
Paneer bhurji recipe video:
Below is a quick paneer bhurji recipe from the “Kitchen Gyaan” Youtube shorts video. Have a look. Please note that this paneer bhurji in the video below is a little different from the recipe I have shared above.
Now, let me put the details of the nutrition facts of the paneer bhurji.
Calories in Paneer Bhurji and nutrition profile (100g)
|Nutrition facts of paneer bhurji (100g)||Estimated Values|
|Total Calories||210 calories|
As stated in the table, the paneer bhurji contains about 210 calories per 100 grams of serving. In 100 grams of paneer bhurji, you get approx 12 grams of protein, 3.2g of carbs, 17 grams of fat, 0.7 grams of fiber. So, it is an idle low carb diet rich in protein.
Paneer Bhurji protein and weight loss benefits
As many of you must be knowing that paneer is rich in protein. So, it goes without saying that paneer bhurji is a high protein diet good for muscles growth and an idle weight loss diet.
Each 100-grams of paneer bhurji serving gives you a whopping 12g of protein. The paneer bhurji could a boon to a muscle growth diet plan and at the same time a perfect source of protein for vegetarians.
Paneer bhurji recipe is also an idle keto diet if you are on a keto diet plan for weight loss or on a low-carb diet.
In most weight loss plans, the paneer bhurji recipe can support you in your weight loss journey, let it be intermittent fasting, keto, or on a veg diet plan for weight loss. But make sure your health condition allows you to add paneer or its recipes to your diet plan.
Paneer bhurji weight loss benefits:
- Many of thinking how paneer bhurji is good for weight loss. First of all, paneer is rich in protein and protein takes time to digest. This will help you fight hunger in an effective way avoid unnecessary snacking between meal hours.
- Second, the paneer is a good source of protein, therefore it will take care of your protein requirements during your weight loss journey.
- More protein means your body have to work more on digestion and muscle repair after workout therefore burning calories naturally.
- It is important to note that end of the day calorie deficit matters, so if you eating paneer bhurji in the required quantity as per your diet plan, the paneer recipe will support in your weight loss.
Tips for the bhurji recipe
Below are some of the important tips to make your paneer bhurji tasty and healthy.
- Use mustard oil or ghee instead of refined oil. This will help your recipe taste better with added health benefits and avoid the ill effects of refined oil.
- If you want you can use garam masala or khada masala like cloves, bay leaves, badi ilayichi, etc. This will add extra flavour and health to your recipe.
- Use a few drops of lemon juice to make your paneer bhurji a little tangy and yummy.
- You can have paneer bhurji with rotis or chapati and rice as per your choice.
- If you want to try paneer bhurji with seasonal vegetable, try adding spring onions instead of red onions or just add both.