Hello Guys! Today I have something special and have a unique recipe to share with you, the Patod recipe. Many of you might not be knowing what is patod and how to prepare at home.
Do not worry! Let me explain.
What is Patod?
Patod is a traditional food of Rajasthan and people love eating it with a cup of tea as a snack. It is made using arbi leaves, besan with different Indian spices.
But the patod recipe I am going to share is a little different than the regular ones. It is because I want to make dishes in a healthier manner by reducing the amount of oil going into them.
Traditionally, patod is a kind of Pakoda made of Arbi leaves. You need to fry them to prepare.
But to maintain my diet routine I have come up with a different version that does not require deep-frying.
My version needs a little oil just to bake these arbi slabs and then enjoy it as an evening snack in a healthier manner.
So, let’s get started with the patod recipe
How to make Patod recipe?
Have a look at the list of ingredients for the patod recipe.
List of ingredients:
- Besan – 1 Cup
- Arbi leaves – 5 leaves
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Ajwain – 1/2 tsp
- Corriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger-garlic-green-chilli paste – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil (For baking)
More mindblowing recipes for you:
- Take a mixer bowl, put besan, all the species/ingredients mentioned above
- Now mix everything well and make it a paste with a medium consistency
- Now apply this paste evenly on both the sides of the arbi leaves one by one
- Once the coating is done, now stack all the leaves on each other and make it a roll
- Now chop the role into two pieces
- Take a pressure cooker and boil the arbi rolls
- Once boiled, take it out on a plate and allow it to cool in a refrigerator
- Take the rolls out of the refrigerator and cut them into slices
- Now take a pan and heat it
- Apply a little oil into the pan and bake the slices properly on both the sides (You need not fry them)
- Once the slices turn golden brown, take them out on a serving plate.
Your patod recipe is ready and you can enjoy it with a variety of Chutney like tomato, coriander chutney, etc
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
I have another mind-blowing patod variation for you that you can try. I mean, you can have these patods in the form of curries than pakoda.
So, if you are curious to know how to make a patod curry recipe, let me help you with the cooking process.
The only difference between patod pakoda and patod curry is the addition of curry.
So, once you have known how to make patod as I have mentioned above. Now, the only thing you need to know is how to make the curry for our patods. So here you go!
How to cook patod curry/Arbi leaves/Patri recipe?
List of ingredients for patod curry:
- Curd – 1 cup
- Green chillies – 2
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder (Haldi) – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) – 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cooking Oil – 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Cooking method patod curry:
- Take curd in a mixer bowl, add green chilis and ginger paste, mix well.
- Heat a pan, add oil to heat. Put hing and cumin seeds into the oil. Let the cumin seeds splutter.
- Now its time to all our powders, turmeric, chilli and coriander powder one by one. Stir once
- Now put curd into the pan and keep string on a high flame. (You can adjust amount of water as per your prefrence of thickness of gravy. I like thin curry/gravy). Let the curry boil
- Now add salt and let the curry boil for a few minutes
- Now, its time to add our patod pakoda we have prepared as mentioned above. Put all the patod slices one by one into the curry and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Your patod curry is almost ready. Turn off the stove and add Garam masala.
- Take out the patod curry in a serving bowl and garnish with the fresh coriander leaves.
Now it’s time to share with you some important tips for the patod recipe. These tips will help you enjoy this recipe even better.
Tips for Arbi Patra Recipe
- Use mustard oil and ghee to make it even more healthy and yummy
- If you are on a diet, better bake it on a pan using a small amount of oil than deep-frying the Arbi slices
- You can sprinkle chaat masala on the baked slices to add more taste to it
- Try eating it with chutney like dhaniya ki chutney and tomato chutney
- If you want you can make any regular curry and dip these patod slices to make it a curry recipe than pakoda
If you have any questions regarding the recipes, do let me know on Instagram