Here is the list of protein-rich 5 best veg Indian breakfasts for weight loss healthy recipes. When on a weight loss diet, it is difficult to figure out what are some yummy and healthy options available.
So, I thought to share with you some of my favorite Indian recipes for breakfast. You can also have these recipes in your evening snacks as per your diet plan.
It is always good to start your day with a protein-rich refreshing breakfast to kick start your day. It should be yummy, in your calorie budget, and at the same time healthy.
5 Indian breakfasts for weight loss healthy protein-rich veg recipes
Below is the list of some of the best healthy veg Indian breakfast recipes for weight loss:
1. Protein-rich “Paneer stuffed moong dal chilla Indian breakfast”
Paneer stuffed moong dal chilla is one of the best healthy and weight loss friendly Indian diet breakfast. The panner and moong in it make it a perfect healthy protein-rich diet that you can enjoy anytime.
If you are running short of ideas for your morning and evening snacks, the moong dal chilla is a great choice for you.. Green moong in itself does not have high calories and this is why I used moong for the preparation of batter than using the traditional stuff for normal dosas.
Made in less oil and with high protein ingredients in it, the moong dal chilla breakfast is one the unique, healthy, and mouth-watering Indian breakfast for weight loss.
UPDATE for you: Are you looking to lose weight? I have recently started a new youtube channel for you. Have a look into the below introductory video. You can ask me your weight loss related queries in the Youtube video comment section and connect with me.
2. High protein – Tangy Black Chana Chaat weight loss Indian breakfast
Another best Indian breakfast for weight loss that is high in protein and 100% vegan. The black chana chaat is prepared using veggies, black gram, and some Indian spices. Chana is known for its high protein content and this why it is one of the favorite diets for many fitness freaks.
The recipe tastes awesome with its tangy flavor and smells awesome when served. A must-have breakfast if you are a weight loss diet. I am sure, you will fall in love with this Indian breakfast for weight loss.
3. Oats khichdi. Healthy Indian weight loss breakfast
This is one of my favorite healthy breakfast and even my dinner diets that I never forget having. Oats are considered one of the popular weight-loss diets and it is gaining more popularity with time.
The oats khichdi has the perfect balance of all nutrients in it and feels light when you eat in your meals. Oats Khichdi is made of adding moong dal and veggies in less oil. If you are on a diet then you must not forget adding oats khichdi in your breakfast, dinner, or lunch.
4. Healthy Corn Dalia khichdi Indian breakfast (Get the recipe)
Corn Dalia Khichdi like oats Khichdi is another popular diet for weight loss that you can anytime throughout the day. Many people enjoy having it in breakfast but some love having it in lunch or dinner.
The Corn Dalia Khichdi is not just tasted great but it is a very healthy weight loss friendly Indian breakfast. The recipe is made using veggies in less making it a perfect diet for weight loss. The link to the recipe is in the button below. A highly recommended Indian diet breakfast.
5. Protein rich – Palak paneer keto Indian breakfast, lunch & dinner
Palak paneer is another best Indian high protein diet for your breakfast which you can enjoy with Rotis. This is a popular choice for one who is on a keto diet as the recipe is low in carbs and high in fat and protein.
Palak and panner both are known for their protein richness and people love adding this in their diet anytime, let it be breakfast lunch or dinner.
Palak panner is very popular in India and it tastes awesome and it is prepared almost every Indian household. So, do not forget to add the palak panner Indian diet in your breakfast for weight loss.
Another healthy veg Indian Breakfast for weight loss: Upma Recipe
Find the preparation method and ingredients required to prepare upma for weight loss.
- Semolina (suji) – 1 cup
- Chopped carrot – 1 tbsp
- Chopped french beans – 1 tbsp
- Chopped tomato – 1 medium size
- Chopped capsicum – 1 tbsp
- Green peas – 1tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Split begal gram – 2 tsps
- Split black gram – 1 tsp
- Red mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Grated ginger – 1 inch
- Chopped green chilli – 2
- Curry leaves – 8 to 10
- Broken cashew nuts – 8 to 10
- Refiened oil- 3 tbsps
- Salt- As per taste
- Water- 2.5 cups
- Heat a pan and add semolina (rava)
- Roast it until nice roasting aroma comes. Do not let its colour change. Now take it out on a plate.
- In the same pan, add oil and let it heat.
- Add cashew nuts until it turns light brown. Then take it out.
- In the same pan, add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add split Bengal gram, split black gram, curry leaves, green chilies, and ginger. Fry them for a few seconds,
- Add all chopped veggies one by one. Fry them for two minutes.
- Now add 2.5 cups of water. (For 1 cup semolina add 2.5 cups of water).
- Cover the pan and let it boil. Remove the cover and slowly add roasted semolina. Stir semolina while adding and keep mixing well.
- Add salt and mix well. Cover the pan and let it cook for another 4 to 5 minutes on low flame until all water evaporates.
- After 4 to 5 minutes, open the pan and stir it.
- Add lemon juice and fried cashew nuts, mix it well.
- Switch off the flame. Your tasty yummy vegetable upma is ready.
Vegetable Upma complete recipe in the video
Veggies upma recipe for video learners.
- Servings: 2 servings.
- Preparation time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Nutrition Value: Per 100 gram
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Carbs: 19.4 g
- Fats: 0.7 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Total calories (100 gram): 96 cal
Please comment below if you liked these “Indian breakfast for weight loss” recipes shared in this article.
Any breakfast that is healthy and falls in your calorie budget is the best. You can have a variety of healthy breakfast like Moong dal chilla, upma, paneer stuffed chilla, oats meal, etc.
A breakfast that is high in protein and has a perfect balance of other important nutrients is regarded as the best morning breakfast. Example – oats meal, brown rice idli, etc
Indian food is actually best to lose weight as they are prepared with a variety of healthy masalas like turmeric. In India, veggies are preferred more as compared to other food items. And, vegetables are low in calories and are best for weight loss.
You can eat a variety of healthy breakfast recipes. In north India, people prefer eating rotis and curry. In south India, people prefer eating dishes like upma, idli, etc