I know many of you have been waiting so long for my all-time favorite moong dal chilla recipe.
You wait is over and this time I come with a new twist with the recipe. Yes, a new twist, by adding more protein into the chilla.
This was one of my breakfast I used to eat during my weight loss journey.
Previously, I used to eat it plain but these days made it more weight loss-friendly and protein-rich by stuffing paneer into the chilla.
You can enjoy this chilla with varieties of Indian chutneys like tomato chutney, coriander leaves chutney, coconut chutney, peanuts chutney, etc.
I am sure you will love this recipe and write back to me with your yummy feedback. So, let’s get started with the recipe.
Jump to the recipe video here: Watch the video recipe
Moong dal chilla recipe
Find the list of ingredients and preparation method of moong chilla below.
- Split green gram- 1 bowl
- Ginger- 1/2 inch
- Green chili- 1
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida (hing)- 1-2 pinch
- Salt- As per taste
- Clarified butter (ghee)- for roasting the chilla
For paneer stuffing:
- Cottage Cheese (paneer)- 150 gms (grated)
- Carrot- 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Capsicum – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger- 1 tsp (grated)
- Green chilli- 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves- 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Black pepper powder- 1/3 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1/3 tsp
- Dry mango powder- 1/3 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – As per taste
- Take a bowl of moong dal and wash properly with water. Soak them for 2 to 3 hours.
- In a grinding jar put soaked moong dal, chili, ginger, salt, turmeric powder, asafoetida, and water (2 tbsps). Grind it into a fine paste.
- Take out the paste into a bowl.
For paneer stuffing:
- Heat a pan and put oil. Add chopped chilies and ginger, stir them.
- Then add chopped carrot and keep stirring. Now add chopped capsicum and stir it. Fry veggies for two minutes.
- Add grated paneer and stir well. Add salt, cumin powder, black pepper powder, and dry mango powder. Stir all the ingredients well.
- Switch off the flame as we do not have to fry paneer, just mix it well with the ingredients.
- Add chopped coriander and mix it well. Your stuffing is ready now.
- Check the consistency of batter before preparing the chilla,
- Heat a pan (Tawa) and sprinkle some water. Wipe it with a tissue paper or cotton cloth.
- Take a small amount of batter (2 tbsps) and spread wide around the Tawa with a light hand.
- Cook it for 1 minute on a medium flame. Apply ghee on chilla. Carefully flip it and cook another side for a few seconds and then flip it back.
- Add 3 to 4 tsp of paneer stuffing on the chilla, then fold it either halfway or roll it as per your liking.
- Your crispy moong dal chilla is ready to munch on with your favorite chutney.
Recipe of moong dal cheela video
You can watch the moong chilla recipe in the below kitchen gyaan Youtube video.
Ghee brand used in the preparation of the recipe
Below is the brand of ghee I have used in the preparation of moong dal chilla for weight loss. If you use packet ghee, I would recommend using the below brand for better taste and experience. You can check the latest price of the paneer online.
Suggested weight loss articles for you to read
- Indian keto diet: Weight loss guide to Ketogenic diet plan
- Indian diet plan for weight loss
- Paneer keto recipe
- Recipe of chana chaat
Find the nutrition fact in the moong dal chilla. Note it, below is the approx value.
Moong Chilla (1 chilla):
- Protein: 7.9 gram
- Fat: 2.7 gram
- Carbs: 19.4 gram
- Fiber: 2.8 gram
- Total Calories (1 chilla): 133 calories
Paneer stuffing (50 gram):
- Protein: 5.9 gram
- Fat: 8.3 gram
- Carbs: 1.6 gram
- Fiber: 0.4 gram
- Total Calories (50 gram): 104 calories
- Servings: 1 serving.
- Preparation time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes (Excluding dal soaking duration)
Below are some other recipes you can try.
- Oats recipes for weight loss
- Weight loss soup vegetarian
- How to make dalia
- Best vegetables for weight loss
Let me know in the comment if you tried and enjoyed this moong dal recipe. I will wait for your feedback.