Here is the list of best fiber rich Indian foods that are easily available in the market. Those who are on their weight loss journey must include these fibrous foods to their diets.
Before, jumping into the list of foods, let us know a bit more about fiber and later we will see some facts about eating fiber.
Fiber is an important nutrient and one should not ignore it. Some fiber also helps in weight loss and constipation problems.
There are two kinds of fiber based on its water solubility.
Fibers do not get digested by our digestive system but are digested by some bacteria found in our large intestine. Viscous fiber is specifically helpful in weight loss.
Read how I lost 17 kgs in 4 months: Anubhav kumar weight loss story
List of fiber rich Indian foods.
Below is the list of fiber-rich food with the approx quantity of fiber in grams per 100 grams of the food item:
|Food name||Fiber (Per 100 grams)|
|Cauliflower raw||2.5 grams|
|Cabbage raw||2.5 grams|
|Lentils Cooked||7.9 grams|
|Kidney beans Cooked||6.4 grams|
|Chickpeas Cooked||7.6 grams|
|Oat raw||10.6 grams|
|Wheat bran||42.8 grams|
|Corn bran||79 grams|
|Chia Seeds dried||34.4 grams|
High fiber snacks for weight loss: Dalia Upma recipe
Below is the list of ingredients:
- Wheat daliya – 1/2 cup
- French beans- 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Carrot – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Capsicum – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Ginger (adrakh)- 1/2 tsp (grated)
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 2 (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Split black gram – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/3 tsp
- Curry leaves – 5-6
- Black mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Roasted ground nuts – 1 tbsp
- Oil- 2 tsps
- Salt – As per taste
- Water (pani)- 1.5 cups
- Mint leaves- few leaves for garnishing
Here is the recipe video for daliya upma
Nutrion value: Dalia Upma (per 100 grams approx.)
- Protein: 2.3g
- Carbs: 14.2g
- Fats: 1.2g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Total Calories (per 100 grams): 72 Calories
- Best vegetables for weight loss in India – A list
- Best tips to lose weight fast & easy: Find how in 7 steps
- Protein rich food in India for vegetarians – Top 11 list
Some facts about fiber
- Fibers are kind of carbohydrates that can not be digested by our digestive system.
- There are two kinds of fiber; soluble and insoluble fiber.
- Soluble fiber forms a gel-like substance when dissolved in water and is responsible for the growth of friendly bacteria.
- Fiber can reduce inflammation in the human body which otherwise leads to obesity if not reduced.
- Insoluble fiber is not dissolved in water and found in wheat, oats, vegetables, etc.
- Fibers help in the feeling of fullness promoting weight loss.
- Viscous fibers are only found in plant-based food including beans, oats, flax seeds, etc are rich in viscous fiber.
Weight loss recipes you must try today:
- Oats recipes for weight loss – Indian Style Veg Khichdi Oatmeal
- Weight loss soup vegetarian – An Easy Recipe
- How to make dalia for weight loss – Get the recipe
I hope you gained some insights reading this article on fiber rich Indian foods. Do not forget to add to your diet these fibrous foods for a healthy and happy lifestyle.