Here is the detailed guide for you on daily journaling.
Who doesn’t want their life systematically productive and optimized? This is why we often apply so many timetables, rules, reminders, and whatnot to put us back to our real goal.
And yes again, it barely works.
But there can be a proper structured method, to achieve all your targets in the desired time.
Let us open the magic box for you. And take a look at the chit that’s inside. It says “Daily Journaling”.
It can be termed as a bundle of memories, experiences, observations, and occurrences which we jam down daily using a journal diary.
Or let’s see it’s our future window to seek out how we succeed in achieving our goals.
What is journaling?
Journaling is the practice of maintaining a record of your daily activities for the purpose of personal growth. It is like a log of your day-to-day activities written in a way to help make improvements in life.
Here is a small example that will help you understand journaling…
When somebody hires a dietician to lose weight, the very first advice the dietician gives is to track day-to-day calorie intakes or food.
How recording calories can help lose weight?
- Logging your calories intake provide you a structure of your different diets
- When you structure your food intake, it is easy for you to track your food and customized the quantity
- Daily food logging also gives you the idea of different nutrients you get from a particular diet
- When you record calories, you start building a positive mindset of losing weight
Sameway, daily journaling can help you in personal development
- When you record your daily activities, it is easy for you to structure your thoughts and action
- Structuring your action helps you to customize the amount of time need to spend on different activities
- When you log your daily activities, it will help you to track the different advantages (or, disadvantages) you get acting on something
- And most important, when you journal, you build a mindset of improving your life
I hope with the above calorie-recording example you have got an idea of journaling.
Is daily journaling good for you?
And for that, ask yourself the following points:
- Do you want to track your growth and see the progress you made throughout the day or month?
- Do you want to tell your brain about your daily expectations so that it will not roam here and there when you work?
- Do you want to capture all your crazy ideas for later execution?
- Do you want to come into the spotlight every time you talk? (Okay, this one needs more practice)
Journaling is not only about grabbing a pen and paper to make goals, but it is a lot more than that. It’s a way to show gratitude, ask for wishes from the universe, and, of course, plan out your day.
When I first started journaling, I didn’t know what to write in my notebook, so I started writing down everything that came to mind while chewing on the pen (a bad habit).From life goals to happy memories. I continued this for 3 days and understood what I needed to write in my journal.
Now as I am a fan of those cute little stickers, I started bullet journaling.
Benefits of Daily Journaling:
As we have learned about “why to start journaling”, we should move on to the benefits now.
There are actually limitless daily journaling benefits, so learning them will be a boost for your brain to start this habit soon. You’ll be:
- Understanding your thoughts, ideas, experiences, and life goals are crystal clear.
- Boosting your IQ with a greater speed.
- Giving yourself many chances to show creativity,
- Becoming very self-disciplined
- Charging up your communication skills
- Buzzing with mindfulness and happiness
- Achieving your goals at the right recorded time.
- Coping with your emotional soft side pretty perfectly
- Enhances memory skills.
- Healing all of your old wounds and shouting with pride for your self-esteem
- Improving your long-distance writing abilities
- Moving forward to achieve good health
- Stabilizing with your positive attitude
- Becoming most positive and smiling
As of now, you will not have any doubts about “does journaling really helps or not”.
Types of journals:
Every person is different, so their daily journal should be.
I started with a small pocket diary and moved to a bigger journal. At the start, I had no clue regarding the size or the form, but now I have so much to blur out on the pages that it will take 10-12 pocket diaries for me in a month.
This way, I thought about sharing these journal types with you. Tight up your seatbelt now.
- The blank Notebook Journal:
I call it: NO Restrictions allowed
This daily journal comes fully clean, and blank, which means you can use your canvas brush as you please.
Most suitable for: Travellers
- The Dreams Journal:
I call it: Recorder of magical memories
Dreaming is something we all love to do on a daily basis. So if you are someone who loves to keep a record of what you saw on a specific day to adore it later, then this one is made for you.
Most suitable for: people starting their new better lives again, or doing self-analysis
- Artistic Journal:
I call it: creativity bumper
Cutting the long thing short, we are all artists in one way or there. So why not express our world-changing ideas with the alphabetical crowd daily?
Tip: You can draw the faces of the people along with the tasks related to them in this daily journal.
Most suitable for: a stand-up comedian, artists, graphic designers, students, and someone who is focusing on improving their mental well-being.
- Food Journal:
I call it: The tummy lover
Are you someone who loves to ask people how they made a certain dish so that you can make it, but end up forgetting the ingredients? I can give you a high five, but I am not as good at cooking as you are.
Tip: Do not bring your daily food journal near me unless you have the dish in your hand.
Most suitable for: foodies, cooks, nutritionists, and fitness enthusiasts
- Gratitude Journal
I call it: Positivity presenter
Coping up with a good mood is so important nowadays, but your personal daily journal template filled with gratitude can do magic.
It not only improves our mental health but gives our brain a single direction to move, i.e. positive.
Most suitable for: fighters of anxiety/depression, entrepreneurs, and someone looking for positivity.
- Reading Journal:
I call it: call for book worms
If you are someone who loves to read the text from first to the last word, then you actually landed on the right spot. Look, I have been waiting for you in this cozy armchair, with this novel-based reading-style daily journal.
This daily journal is not a sneak past for your memories but a record that you were strong when you needed to be.
Most suitable for: Quote-lovers, storytellers, bookworms, and campers will enjoy this.
- Travel Journal:
I call it: Silent passenger
Do you belong to the category of people who sit on the train or bus while being lost in your dreamland? All you need is a daily journal. Obviously, you can pin out everything you are seeing, like a sunny day or any figure in the clouds.
Most suitable for: travelers, everyone!
- Plant Journal:
I call it: Non-spooky gardener
Okay, first the reason behind this name is that the people I met who grow plants never let anyone else touch them. Obviously, I had no plans to pluck the flowers, but what else to say? This is why I came up with an idea and started questioning them daily about the tricks and tips for growing such plants and flowers. (And they started letting me go near their plants and flowers.)
But if you are someone who wants to note down every trick, then why not put your hands on this daily journal?
Most suitable for: Gardners, Nature Lovers, Vegan Eaters.
There are so many daily journaling techniques one can put into play if one is looking to mirror their mindset.
Now, assuming that you must have chosen the right daily journal for yourself, we must move forward to clarify all your other doubts about this habit.
How to pen down a daily journal?
Although it’s completely at your fingertips as to how to write down your daily targets, gratitude, memories, and so many other ideas.
But we tried to help you a little bit by putting the procedure in some steps listed down below, which you should follow daily:
STEP 1: Put your daily journal near your bed with a pen between it.
STEP 2: Grab your Journal the first thing in the morning, and imagine your whole life goals turning into reality.
STEP 3: Right Down the same life goals with the most precise summary of 7-8 words on the fresh page of your journal.
STEP 4: Virtualize your whole day while your eyes close and pen it down too, but separately from your life goals
STEP 5: Write down what you are grateful for along with what makes you jump out of your bed on the next page daily.
STEP 6: Make a summary of the time schedule for the day on your journal
STEP 7: Set aside some time to have your daily fun shot.
STEP 8: Keep your journal back at the same table and start your day with the brightest grin on your face.
Well, these are the steps I followed while being on my Journaling Journey. Although I didn’t want to be bored, so I started making as many figures as I could. I even ended up making faces on every task I do in my journal. In this way, every time I flip back my daily journal, I laugh so hard. It not only boosts my creativity level but also my thinking skills too.
Although one can start journaling through digital platforms too, I think it’s quite beautiful when you carve the words with your own hands. Isn’t it?
There must be so many daily journaling questions in your mind, right?
Daily Journaling Tips for beginners:
Let us give you some tips as you are a beginner. And NOTE, we never leave someone behind.
- Do not worry if you can’t think what to write in your journal, instead take a deep breath and write any word coming through inside the nervous box.
- Try writing under a heading such as “Daily Goal,” “Today’s Task,” or “Daily Gratitude.”
- Try to plan ahead for all your designated roles and duties on a daily basis.
- Take your time and practice slowly.
- Make cute faces with tongue out or with beards too
- Throw away a letter on paper, and try to write every positive starting with it daily.
- Try another way if one doesn’t work with you.
- Check for daily journal writing samples available online.
- Cut and paste the pictures in it.
4 Section Rule:
We smelled something cooking inside your brain. And came up with the final and best solution. You must now be worried about losing your brain on the journey. So, to follow this daily journaling technique, follow these steps:
Step 1: Make 4 sections but draw 1 horizontal and 1 vertical line on the new page of your journal.
Step 2: Point each section with these 4 titles: Intention, Affirmations, Priorities, Gratitude
Step 3: In the first section of Intention, write down each and every long-term/short-term goal.
Step 4: In the second section belonging to affirmations, write down what makes you feel excited, confident, and successful.
Step 5: Under Priorities, note down the list in the order from most to least important.
Step 6: Lastly, pin down, gratitude with a smile on your face.
For better results, you need to perform this task on a daily basis. Although we are ending our write–up here, you are more than welcome to ask queries. We will be happy to help you.