Are you looking for a Rujuta Diwekar diet plan for weight loss? You might be wondering who is Rujuta Diwakar and her secret diet chart and tips for weight loss.
Before we jump into knowing her diet plan, her famous diet books, and recommendations, let me give you a little background about her.
Who is Rujuta Diwekar?
Rujuta Diwekar is an Indian celebrity dietitian and a leading nutritionist having clients from Bollywood to famous businessmen. Her clients include Kareena Kapoor (much talked about her Size Zero), Anil Ambani, and many other Indian celebs.
She is a famous Indian diet and nutrition author and has already written several books on weight loss, Indian diet plans, etc. Some of her books have already become the best selling and were widely read by many Indian readers.
As per readers’ review, these books were helpful in reducing weight and live a healthy lifestyle.
Have a look at some of her famous works.
Rujuta Diwekar books: Indian diets to lose weight
If you want to read more about her diet secrets and tips for weight loss, you can read one of her books online on Kindle or order at your home. There is nothing better than reading some good books for a happy and healthy life.
Below are some Rujuta Diwekar famous books:
1. Don’t Lose Your Mind, Lose Your Weight: Sold 10,000 copies in the 20 days
2. Women and The Weight Loss: For women
Now, let us see what is Rujuta Diwekar diet plan recommendations for weight loss.
A helpful book for weight loss motivation: Best book for weight loss motivation
Rujuta Diwekar diet plan for weight loss
According to her recent book titled, a 12-week fitness project stresses how healthy eating, following nutritious diets, and proper sleep can help you lose inches.
Here is the Rujuta Diwekar 8-meal plan diet plan to lose weight:
- Meal 1 (Before Breakfast): She recommends starting the day with some dry nuts like almonds and seasonal fruits 15 minutes after you wake up.
- Meal 2 (In breakfast): In breakfast, she recommends to eat any homemade meal like oats, poha, khichdi, etc with fresh fruits) and add ghee (She put extra emphasis on having ghee according to some her books and interviews)
- Meal 3 (within 2 to 3 hours of breakfast): Keeping in mind avoid snacking around and fight hunger during lunch hours, Rujuta recommends having some dry nuts, fruits, or coconut-water within 2 to 3 hours of breakfast.
- Meal 4 (Lunch-time): Stressing more on ghee to fight down fat, she recommends to have meat/seasonal Indian vegetables with roti or rice and pickles within 2 to 3 of meal 3.
- Meal 5 (Mid meal, within 2-3 of lunch): One can have a fruit-sherbet drink or buttermilk (Chachh, made with churning curd with water).
- Meal 6 (Evening snack time, 4-6 pm): In the evening snack around 4 to 6 pm, she recommends having some portion of the lunch or similar meals you had in your morning breakfast. Poha, dosa, bhel, etc are some of the best meals to add in your evening snacks.
- Meal 7 (2 to 3 hours before hitting bed): At dinner, millets such as foxtail, kodo millet, etc or rice, with ghee.
- Meal 8 (If hungry at bedtime): If you feel hungry, she recommends to have turmeric milk/milk with chyavanprash, cashews, or gulkand. (almond or soy milk for lactose intolerant)
In her 8 plan, she has shared what to eat in breakfast, snacks, lunch, and dinner. She gives importance to personalized plans and not recommend any standard diet plans.
So, read about her diet plan for knowledge and you should never follow diets plan shared randomly on the internet or anywhere else. – “Anubhav Kumar”
Her magic diet plans already helped many people lose weight successfully. She shared these unique diet plans tips and food through her books.
Here is another guide for Indian diet plan: Indian diet plan for weight loss
I lost 17 kgs in 4.5 months: My weight loss story and diet plan
Rujuta Diwekar diet chart table for weight loss:
|Meal||Meal timing||Food option|
|Meal 1||Within 15 min after waking up||Soaked nuts or Seasonal fruit|
or Dried fruit/
Within 60 -90 min of meal 1
|Homemade breakfast + ghee|
Oats, poha, khichdi, etc
|Meal 3||Within 2 to 3 hours of breakfast||Nuts or a drink coconut water|
Within 2 to 3 of meal 3
|Rice/roti + vegetable, meat +|
dahi or pickle + ghee
|Meal 5||Within 2-3 of lunch||Buttermilk or seasonal sherbet|
|Meal 6||Evening time, 4-6 pm||Leal similar to breakfast|
or portion of your lunch
|Meal 7||Dinner, 2 to 3 hours|
before hitting the bed
|Rice or millets meal + ghee|
|Meal 8||If hungry at bedtime||Milk with cashews or|
gulkand or chyavanprash
Rujuta Diwekar diet tips and secrets to lose weight
Here are some diet tips and secrets of Rujuta Diwekar:
- Rujuta Diwekar diet plans are personalized and she neither recommend nor has any standard diet plans.
- She advises and puts special emphasis on having ghee with meals.
- She encourages to have a homemade meal plan with what one has grown up eating.
- Her diet plans are eating centric and are personalized, with exercises and proper sleep.
- Her diet plans have a special focus on nuts and seasonal fruits before having breakfast.
- Aloo paratha in ghee is allowed in her diets.
- She recommends having masala tea over green tea for weight loss.
- She asks not to watch or use mobiles or any other gadgets while having meals. Mindful eating is a must in her diet plans.
- Stay hydrated having sherbet and other seasonal fruits drinks.
- It is better to keep moving rather than sitting most of the time.
- Have traditional Indian based food than having imported food items.
- Jaggery is her preference over sugar for a sweet tooth.
Conclusion: Rujuta weight loss diet plan
Her diets and diet plans have already helped many people including some big names like Kareena Kapoor lose weight. Many people found her books helpful in understanding Indian diets and healthy living.
Let me put in a disclaimer that, diet plan shared on this page or anywhere on this website is not recommended to follow without consulting any authorized diet experts or nutritionist