Let me show you how to make black coffee with minimum effort and time. Black coffee has worked like a miracle for me when I used to get tired of working the whole day.
Whenever I needed some refreshment, I had three options, my black coffee, tea, and green. Among these three black coffee and green tea are my favorite.
So, today in this article I will show how to make instant black coffee at home. The best part is the black coffee recipe requires minimum ingredients and gets ready in no time.
What is black coffee?
Black coffee is a coffee recipe that is prepared without needing milk as compared to normal coffee that we prepare at home.
This recipe requires as minimum ingredients as coffee powder and water. But some still try to innovate black coffee by adding different ingredients like mint leaves, jaggery powder, sugar, etc
How to make Black Coffee at home (Instant Recipe)
Find the list of ingredients for a black coffee recipe
Ingredients required (1 serving):
- Water – 1 cup
- Coffee powder – 1/2 tsp
- Heat a pan and boil 1 cup of water
- Once the water is boiled, turn off the stove
- Take a coffee mug, add 2-3 tablespoons of hot water and add instant coffee powder.
- Mix coffee in hot water well to avoid any lumps
- Now add the remaining hot water into the coffee mug and mix well.
- Your instant black coffee is ready
My favorite Black Coffee Brand
If you are a fan of black coffee and feel comfortable with its natural bitterness. This product is for you
More healthy drink recipes for you: Easy and tasty
Nutrition and calories in Black Coffee (1 cup)
|Nutrition||Estimated values (%)|
Calories in black coffee
1 ounce or 30 ml of black coffee contains about as little as 2 calories, which makes it idle for weight loss. The sugar, cholesterol, and fat accounts for 0 percent whereas potassium constitutes about 4 percent per ounce or 30 ml of black coffee
Black coffee tastes bitter and many people do not like drinking black without sugar. Some people add sugar to make it sweet to suppress the bitterness of the coffee.
Do not worry! I have another recipe for you that will make your black coffee a little tasty. But, as a weight-loss blogger, I avoid using white sugar and rather use jaggery powder.
The good thing about jaggery powder is that it is healthy and tastes good with black coffee. On top of this, it is a great replacement for unhealthy white sugar.
So, here is another black coffee recipe with jaggery powder
Instant Jaggery Black Coffee recipe
- Water – 1 Cup
- Instant coffee powder – 1/2 tsp
- Jaggery Powder – 1 tsp
- Heat a pan and add water. Give it a boil
- Once the water starts boiling, add jaggery powder
- Heat water for a few more seconds so that jaggery settle with the water
- Now take a coffee mug and add instant coffee powder.
- Add the hot jaggery water into the mug and mix coffee well. Avoid any lumps
- Your healthy Jaggery Black coffee recipe is ready.
Try jaggery black coffee once. It will amaze with taste and is a great replacement for unhealthy white sugar.
My favorite Jaggery powder for black coffee
Black coffee for weight loss and benefits
Weight loss is all about calorie deficit and if you are relying on black coffee for weight loss it is not practically advisable to do. So, do not start over-consuming black coffee hoping for weight loss.
It is always recommended to have black coffee in moderation as per the recommended quantity as there is the caffeine content in it.
Benefits of black coffee:
- Antioxidants in black coffee may help you with weight loss
- The caffeine in black coffee may suppress hunger and thereby avoiding you from unnecessary snacking
- As a low-calorie drink, black coffee is good for a weight loss diet
- Another benefit of black coffee is that it has mostly water that will help you in keeping hydrated
- Black coffee may improve cardiovascular health
- It may prevent the risk of cancer
- Black coffee is also good for memory
Tip for black coffee recipe
- Use jaggery powder instead of white sugar to make your black coffee healthy and tasty
- If you are on a weight loss diet, you should prepare black coffee without sugar
- Use only a good quality organic Jaggery powder to enjoy your coffee to the fullest
- You can adjust the amount of black coffee if you having a hard time with its bitterness when starting
- To avoid lumps, it is better to make a paste of black coffee by mixing it with water than adding black coffee powder directly to hot water
I hope you must have enjoyed the two black coffee recipes I have shared, the black coffee with and without Jaggery. If you have any questions or tips to share, let me know in the comment. Thanks! Let’s Brew!