Egg half fry has different names in India and is one of the favorite Indian street food enjoyed especially in winters.
As the name suggests, egg half fry is a variation of an omelet with the difference in the yolk (yellow part) of the egg is half-cooked or visible on top.
If you are on a weight loss diet and looking for some healthier options for your breakfast, egg half fry is a perfect match.
Some people love eating with bread and some eat without needing any side dishes at all.
Today, in this article I will teach you how to make weight-loss-friendly egg half fry in no time. So, let’s get started.
How to make an egg half fry at home?
The good thing about the egg half fry recipe is that it does not require many ingredients to prepare. And, all the ingredients are easily available in every household.
It requires only 4 to 5 basic ingredients or can be increased as per your taste buds.
Have a look at all the ingredients you will require to make a healthy and yummy egg half fry.
- Egg – 1 Piece
- Finely chopped Onion/spring onion – 1 small (optional)
- Green chilies – 1 piece
- Salt – A pinch
- Pepper – A pinch
- Oil – Half tsp
Recipe you should be knowing:
- Take a pan and heat it on medium flame
- Now put oil on the pan and allow it to heat
- Now crack the egg and gently allow the yolk to place on egg white in heating oil. (You need to be careful here)
- Now add chopped onions and green chilies on top of the cooking egg half fry. This is optional.
- Now cover the pan and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes and allow the egg white to set
- Now gently, take out the egg half fry in a serving plate.
Your healthy and protein-rich breakfast is ready in the blink of an eye. You can eat it with brown bread or as it is.
More quick and healthy breakfast options for you
Nutrition profile of half egg fry (Calories)
As we know that eggs are one of the most nutritious and protein-rich foods on earth. And, many gym-goers and dietician prefers and suggests adding eggs into their diet.
Protein in eggs helps in muscles building and also makes sure your daily protein requirements.
Egg half fry is full of protein and requires less oil in the preparation, even more, healthier than other egg recipes.
Have a look at the nutrition profile of plain egg half fry (Estimated values)
|Egg half fry nutrition (1 egg)||Calories (Estimated)|
|Total calories||92 calories|
As you can see, the egg half fry made with a single egg contains about 92 calories out of which protein accounts for 6g, fat 7g, and carbohydrate is nil. This nutrition profile says a lot about why egg half fry is one of the healthiest breakfast food options for you.
Protein in half egg fry
When it comes to protein there is no match of egg half fry. The best part with this dish is that it is low in calories and rich in protein. What else you can expect from a weight loss-friendly diet?
As mentioned in the above nutrition table, one egg half fry contains 6g grams of protein. And good thing is that it is a complete protein good for muscles.
If your appetite is more and your diet plan allows you to add 2 eggs instead of one. Try this half egg fry recipe with two eggs and you will have more protein in your body.
2 eggs half fry will give you around 12 grams of protein and will ensure your daily protein requirements with fewer calories.
Takeaway and tips
- You can enjoy this egg fry recipe with brown bread, rice, dosas or rotis
- If you are new to this recipe, you may mess when cracking the eggs. Better crack the egg in a small bowl and then put it on the pan gently.
- You can add spring onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves, chat masalas to add extra flavor to its taste
- Use mustard oil instead of refined oil when cooking. It is good for taste and health.
- If you are running short of time, this recipe is the best fit for your breakfast and gets prepared in a quick time
If you have any questions regarding this recipe or want to share some cooking tips, let me know in the comment section. Till then enjoy this recipe and let me know once you have prepared it. Thanks!